East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa's leading branded alcohol beverage business with an outstanding collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non alcoholic drinks (ANADs) reaffirming our standing as a total adult beverage (TAB) company.
With breweries, distilleries, support industries and a distribution network across the region, the group's diversity is an important factor in delivering the highest quality brands to East African consumers and long-term value to East African investors.
As a consumer driven business EABL takes time to study the market and understand consumer needs and wants as well as how best to satisfy them. That is why we constantly invest in innovating and renovating our brands to stay at par with dynamic consumer trends. This goes hand in hand with our Vision to be the most celebrated business in Eastern Africa.
Kenya Breweries Ltd. is formally incorporated as a private company. The first beer is brewed on 14th December. The first batch delivered to the Stanley Hotel where it was opened to a mixed reaction.
First Annual General Meeting of the company is held. George Hurst, company founder, is killed in an elephant hunting accident. In his memory, his brother Charles decided to name the first beer brewed 'TUSKER'.
KBL's board decides to start using malted barley in the production process instead of imported malt extracts significantly improving TUSKER's appearance and flavour. This move saved the company at least £780per year.
KBL becomes a public company owing to the increased number of shareholders
Mombasa Brewery officially opened on 8th February by the colonial Governor of Kenya Sir Evelyn Baring. Initially, HRH Price Philip was meant to preside over the event, but was forced to travel back to England following the death of King George VI.
EABL is listed in the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
First Africans Messrs. J M Muchura and J Thuo appointed to the EABL board of directors.
Guinness East Africa Limited incorporated in Kenya. The board approved modernisation and expansion of the Tusker Plant in Ruaraka increasing production capacity by over 110,000 cases per month.
President Jomo Kenyatta lays the foundation stone of the company's new headquarters at Ruaraka and launches a multi-million pound five-year expansion programme. Wooden beer cases are replaced by more durable plastic cases
EABL completes the largest public share issue in Kenya's history offering 3 million ordinary shares at a price of Ksh.18 each, raising the number of shareholders to more than 23,000. KBL hosts a sports festival to aid Kenya Olympics team.
EABL celebrates 50 years Golden Jubilee with the opening of the new headquarters by His Excellency, Daniel Arap Moi - Vice President of Kenya. On the same day, celebrations to mark the occasion were held at all plants and depots throughout the country.
Construction work on Central Glass Industries begins. The plant went on to produce its first bottle in 1987.
KBL installs an ultra modern state of the art bottling line at Tusker Brewery. Citizen Special lager is launched. KBL celebrates its 75th Anniversary.
EABL signs license agreements with South African Breweries International and agree terms for share exchanges in Kenya Breweries Limited and Tanzania Breweries Ltd.
EABL becomes the first company in East Africa to reach US$1 Billion in value. The company cross-lists on the Dar-Es-Salaam Stock Exchange. The EABL Foundation is launched aimed at enriching the lives of poor and excluded people in East Africa.
KBL successfully launches Alvaro, the company's first non-alcoholic natural malt drink and records consumption of over eight Million bottles within the first three months following the launch.
EABL successfully acquires substantial interest in Tanzania's Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) making EABL free to complete the acquisition. SBL is Tanzania's second largest brewing operation and makers of the popular Premium Serengeti Lager.
Tusker renovates packaging relieving historical moments through a symbolic chariot drive to The Stanley Hotel
Deloitte Best Company to work for Survey 2012
EABL selected to host the first Diageo Africa HR Shared Service Centre to be based in Nairobi
Website Terms & Conditions
If You do not Accept these Terms & Conditions Please Leave The Site Now.
Any use by you of the website operated by East African Breweries Limited at www.eabl.com
is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. See box below for a summary of updates.
Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement.This Site is intended for use by you only if you are of legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence and in the country from which you are accessing the site. If you do not fall within this category, you may be in breach of laws or regulations applicable in your country of residence or in your country of access and you should leave the Site immediately.
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we' or 'company' within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to East African Breweries, its subsidiaries and associates.
The following examples constitute a misuse of our Message Boards:
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the type of unacceptable uses of the Message Boards that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your use of the Message Boards or of our Site. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
Any content, information or material posted to a Message Board ("Postings") will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. You understand that personal and other information (e.g. username, email address, phone number) that you post on or through Message Boards is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not include any personally identifiable information about yourself or any other person in any posting. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove any postings that contain personally identifiable information. We shall not be liable for the use or misuse of any information or data, including personal information that you post on our Message Boards.
You represent and warrant that your Postings are original to you, are not obscene, vulgar, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, defamatory or otherwise unlawful, that no other party has any rights thereto, and that any "moral rights" in your Postings have been waived, and you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable, assignable and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Postings (in whole or part) and / or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
We are not responsible for maintaining your Postings and we may delete or destroy them at any time.
CONTENT, INFORMATION AND MATERIALS POSTED BY USERS TO MESSAGE BOARDS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY US. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE AND CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS ON OR THROUGH MESSAGE BOARDS.
The opinions expressed in Message Boards are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice and opinions made by participants are those of such participants only. We shall not be held responsible for any statements, advice, opinions or other content or materials on message Boards. You release us from claims and demands of every kind and nature, known and unknown, howsoever arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute with another user of this Website.
We may enable you to establish an account with a username and password to access and use the Message Boards. If so, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity under your account and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision
5. NO WARRANTIES - This site is provided "as is," and your use thereof is at your own risk. We, our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and noninfringement. We do not warrant that the site will be free from viruses, available or that the contents will be accurate. Although we take reasonable steps to secure the site, you acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium and we make no warranties, express or implied, that any information or materials you post on or transmit throughthe site will be safe from unauthorized access or use. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the site
6. THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES - We do not vouch for those persons, Companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be Accessed or displayed through or on the site.
7. Your responsibility - You should always verify the information set out in this Site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use viruschecking software on any material downloaded from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment.
In circumstances where you provide us with information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party's consent in relation to such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, our Privacy Statement and the uses which we may make of such information.
8. NO LIABILITY- To the fullest extent permitted by law we, our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, hereby disclaim all liability for any loss, cost or damage (direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of your use of the site or from any computer virus transmitted through the site, or other sites accessed from this site, whether such loss, cost or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, costs, losses and causes of action in the aggregate (whether in contract, tort, including but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions, including our privacy statement, or use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, kshs 7,500.00.
9. Materials submitted by you – Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, any of its services, by email, or in any other way. Any information or material submitted by you, and which we, have not specifically requested, will be deemed not to be confidential, secret or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials submitted by you to this Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any "moral rights" in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors.
WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT
PERMITTED BY LAW.
This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be excluded.
10. User Information - In the course of your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide personal information to us (such information referred to hereinafter as "User Information").
Our information collection and use policies with respect to such User Information are set forth in the Site Privacy Statement, which Privacy Statement is incorporated into these Terms & Conditions by reference. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the User Information.>
11. Links from and to the Site - You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information provided by Web sites to which you may link from this Site
("Linked Sites"). Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites. We have no control over these Linked Sites and do not edit or monitor them.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such Linked Sites. No website may be linked to this website or its pages without our prior written consent.
12. Indemnity - You will indemnify us against any loss, damage or cost incurred by us arising out of your use of the Site, any of its services or any information accessible over or through the Site, including information obtained from linked sites, your submission or transmission of information or material on or through the Site or your violation of these Terms & Conditions or any other laws, regulations and rules. You will also indemnify against any claims that information or material, which you have submitted to us, is in violation of any law or in breach of any third party rights (including, but not limited to, claims in respect of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or infringement of any other intellectual property right). We reserve the right to exclusively defend and control any claims arising from the above and any such indemnification matters and that you will fully cooperate with us in any such defenses.
13. Restriction, Suspension and Termination – We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, if we believe that you have breached these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any such restriction, suspension or termination will be without prejudice to any rights, which we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your ISP in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
14. Entire Agreement – These Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter and supersedes any and all prior promises, representations, agreements, statements and understandings whatsoever between us. To the extent that software is available through the Site, such software may be subject to a license agreement that is distributed or included with such software and you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of any such license agreements. The failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms & Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. We may cede assign or otherwise transfer our rights and obligations in terms of these standard terms and conditions to third parties.
15. Copyright And IP Legal Issues: We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the EABL Group Company Secretary:
EABL Group Company Secretary, P.O. Box 30161, 00100, Nairobi,
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
A description of the alleged infringing activity and where the alleged infringing material is Located
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest, and
A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Group Company Secretary contacts:
EABL Group Company Secretary, P.O. Box 30161, 00100, Nairobi,
16. Law and Jurisdiction - These Terms & Conditions, including the Privacy Statement and any matter relating to this Site, shall be governed by the Kenyan law. To the extentthat software is accessible through this site, such software may be subject to export, reexport and/or import controls imposed by the Kenya or any other jurisdiction and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the Kenya has placed an embargo or which is subject to relevant export restrictions.
©2012 EAST AFRICAN BREWERIES LIMITED P.O BOX 30161, 00100 NAIROBI
All rights reserved.
DIAGEO PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides a high-level overview of our full Privacy and Cookie Notice (click here to access). It summarises important information regarding how we collect, use, and share any personal information collected. This Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to personal information collected through this website [www.eabl.com], which is operated by Diageo plc - the world’s leading premium drinks business - or one of its group of companies.
At relevant points hyperlinks are provided that will take you directly to further information in this document. Links in this Privacy and Cookie Notice will not take you to any external website or content.
• Click here for more information about Diageo plc
2. Are you of legal purchase age?
• Do not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol.
• If we believe that you are under the legal purchase age we will make every reasonable effort to remove your personal information from our records.
3. What is personal information?
• Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
4. Diageo’s collection and use of personal information
• We collect personal information that you choose to provide. This includes information provided when registering with our websites, contacting us, completing surveys or questionnaires, entering competitions, and posting information on public areas of our websites.
• Through your use of this and other Diageo websites (including by browsing such sites) you may provide us with personal information such as your name, contact details, personal preferences, and details of your website use.
• By doing so, you are agreeing to our use of that information as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice and our full Privacy and Cookie Notice.
• If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not provide us with this information, or please let us know your objections using the contact details below.
• We also collect information using common Internet technologies such as “cookies” and “clear gifs” (also known as “web bugs” or “web beacons”).
• Click here for more information.
6. Use of personal Information
• We will only use the personal information we collect to provide you with specific information and services that you request, and with additional information and services that may be of interest to you.
7. Disclosure of personal Information
• This may involve sharing your personal information with non-Diageo companies that provide services to Diageo companies and certain other third parties, but only where they offer adequate protection for your information and, in certain cases, only where you have provided your consent.
• In some cases, this may involve transferring your personal information to other countries (including the U.K., the U.S., Canada and other countries inside and outside the European Economic Area) where Diageo or non-Diageo companies or other third parties operate and process your personal information.
• By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to such use and transfers as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice and our full Privacy and Cookie Notice.
8. Public (or inactive) areas of our website
• Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g. chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others.
• We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
• We have no control over the privacy of any communications while in transit to us. We recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in such communications. Click here for more information.
10. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
• At your request, and where required by law, we will confirm, share, and/or update the personal information we hold about you. However, to protect your privacy we may first have to verify your identity.
• At any time you can choose to make an unsubscribe request to stop receiving marketing information.
• Click here for more information on your choices.
If you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use of personal information please contact us via:
• Post: Data Privacy Officer, Corporate Centre Legal Team, Diageo plc, Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London, NW10 7HQ
PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
This website is operated by a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom).
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate.
We endeavour to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy and Cookie Notice to help you to understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy and Cookie Notice and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy and Cookie Notice is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions , that govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set forth below.
We may need to update this Privacy and Cookie Notice from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
Changes to the Privacy and Cookie Notice are noted here:
Date last revised: 20th May 2013
Description of substantive revisions:
Section 3 – Description of personal information
Section 4 – Description of how personal information is collected
Section 6 – Description of how personal information is used
Section 7 – Description of how personal information is shared
Section 8 – Posting of information in public forums
Section 10 – Changes to your privacy preferences
Section 12 – Description of use of links, references, interfaces, and content from
2. Legal purchase age
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the site. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
4. Collecting personal information
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties (for example, by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving special promotional offers). In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the site; forward an item to a friend; purchase an item; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; ask us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the site; or take advantage of a promotion.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Like many other websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve your experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies are used on this site?
The cookies which may be used on this site have been categorised based on the categories set out in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide as follows:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
What type of Strictly Necessary Cookies do we use on our website?
Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
We may also use a Social Sharing Cookie. This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
What type of Performance Cookies do we use on on our website?
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
What type of Functionality Cookies do we use on our website?
With your consent we may place a cookie to remember your preferences (Preference Cookie) so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
We may also use Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that aid the user journey around the site, and will remember preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave the site.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
What type of Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies do we use on our website?
We do not currently use these types of cookies but may do so in the future. In the event that we do start to use these types of cookies we will revise this Privacy and Cookies notice accordingly to let you know what type of Targeting or Advertising Cookies we are using.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to the Tools/Internet options/Security and Privacy Tabs to adapt the browser to your expectations. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as 'P3P' features (Privacy Preferences Platform).
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
• open 'Windows Explorer'
• click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
• type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
• select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
• click 'Search Now' Double click on the folders that are found
• 'Select' any cookie file
• hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select 'cookies' in the 'Help' function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
6. Use of personal information
We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses.
Marketing analysis. We may use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
Transactional purposes. We may use your personal information to respond to your queries and requests, maintain your accounts, and manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or our agents, or for the fulfilment of such transactions (e.g., delivery).
Forward to a friend. When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from one of our websites, we will send that individual only the information you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on your providing us with their information. You must certify that your friend is of Legal Purchase Age in the jurisdiction where he/she is located in order for us to transmit the requested information.
7. Disclosure of personal information
We value your personal information and only share it with third parties that provide it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to:
(a) third parties to whom you have provided your consent;
(b) our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required by law;
(c) third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as your authorized or appointed legal agent; or
(d) carefully selected third parties, including our affiliates, to send you third party marketing and promotional information that may be of interest. In such circumstances these organizations may be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on the use of your personal information. We will obtain your express permission before we allow a third party that is not an affiliate to send you any such marketing and promotional information;
(e) a person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us; and
(f) law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
8. Public (or Interactive) areas of our websites
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion groups, or Social Networking modules) generally is accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others, and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not provide personal information about yourself in public (or interactive) areas of the site. Such personal information is not covered under this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, we have no control over the privacy of any communication while it is in transit to us. We therefore recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information in any such communications.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
You are reminded that, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for this website, which include this Privacy and Cookie Notice, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity under your account and password. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you wish to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
10. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, if you contact us using the unsubscribe details provided below we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfil specific opt-out requests (including requests where you previously opted in with respect to the use of your personal information), and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information.
11. Portfolio permissions
If you have given permission to receive communications about Diageo brands generally (for example, by opting to receive news and special offers by email about Diageo’s other great alcohol brands), you may from time to time receive communications about brands to which you have not opted in specifically. Information about many of Diageo’s brands can be found at www.diageobrands.com.
We occasionally may send you communications about brands not featured on www.diageobrands.com (e.g., new brands). We recommend that you refer to www.diageobrands.com from time to time as the list of featured brands will be updated periodically.
Providing general permission for us to communicate with you about our brands does not mean that you will receive communications about all of Diageo’s brands. We will only communicate with you about those brands that we think may be of particular interest to you. Any such communications will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from the brand in question and/or from all communications about Diageo brands.
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact: Data Privacy Officer, Corporate Centre Legal Team, Diageo plc, Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom.
12. Interfaces with Third-Party Websites
The site may contain links, references, and content from other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have limited or no control over these websites and our Privacy and Cookie Notice does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the Privacy and Cookie Notices and terms and conditions of any linked, referenced, or interfacing websites you enter.
This Privacy and Cookie Notice will be supplemented by additional legal requirements in jurisdictions where we conduct business as required. Nothing in this Privacy and Cookie Notice or otherwise will create, or add to, any right or claim (whether legal, equitable, or otherwise) that any individual or person may have at law or otherwise against the company or any third party, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively the “Diageo Group”), nor will the existence of this Privacy and Cookie Notice or its application impose or add to any obligations upon or create any liability for the Diageo Group that it does not already otherwise have under law.
©  [EAST AFRICAN BREWERIES LIMITED] [P.O.BOX 30161 00100, Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya All rights reserved. Version 9.3 dated [13 February 2013]
We have designed eabl.com to be as accessible as possible for all users. You may wish to alter the way the website looks to help you access information. Step-by-step instructions are below.
This site uses HTML headings to organise page content. Some assistive technologies will allow you to navigate from heading to heading using a keyboard shortcut.
You may want to change the text size in this website so the fonts display at a larger size.
To change the font using the browser menu, follow these instructions:
In Internet Explorer, select Text Size from the View menu item. Then choose the preferred size. In Netscape Navigator, select Text Zoom from the View menu item. Then choose the preferred size. The text of the site will change to reflect your choice.
This site has been designed for ease of use. The main navigation includes all the main sections of the website and runs across the top of each page. Clicking on any of these items will take you to a specific section of the website, where the navigation is displayed down the left. Choosing a section will also reveal any further content pages within a section. This style of navigation is consistent throughout the site.
All images used on the site include 'Alt' tags descriptive text alternatives. This allows users to see what the image is meant to convey even if it doesn't load, or if images have been switched off or if using a screen reader to read the web page rather than view.